Community Land Trusts 101: Permanently Affordable Homeownership
Suggested Audiences: Housing practitioners, Advocates, Policymakers, Stakeholders interested in the CLT model
Community land trusts, or CLTs, are unique in providing community control over land and preserving it as lasting community asset. Black farmers and civil rights leaders developed the model over 50 years ago, and today urban and rural communities alike leverage it to meet urgent community needs, providing affordable rental and cooperative housing, permanently affordable homeownership, and quality commercial and community spaces. Are you interested in learning more? Join us for an overview of the CLT model with a focus on permanently affordable homeownership.
In this hour-long webinar, we cover the basic CLT organizational structure, describe the CLT approach to permanently affordable homeownership, identify keys to CLT success, and debunk some common myths about CLTs. View the recording at the link to the left.
- Find the two minute video on the basics of CLTs here: https://groundedsolutions.org/strengthening-neighborhoods/community-land-trusts
- Our resource library is always a place you can go for field data and research, sample documents, interactive learning tools, and more: https://groundedsolutions.org/tools-for-success/resource-library
- 2011 Model Ground Lease: https://groundedsolutions.org/tools-for-success/resource-library/model-ground-leases
- Startup Community Land Trust Hub: https://groundedsolutions.org/start-upclthub
- View the full documentary about the first community land trust: Arc of Justice: The Fall, Rise and Rebirth of a Beloved Community (arcofjusticefilm.com)