Grounded Solutions Network CEO Tony Pickett, came together with leaders from Community Progress, LISC, National Fair Housing Alliance, NeighborWorks America, Smart Growth America, Citi, Ford Foundation and Annie E. Casey Foundation, to share their visions and actions for mutual support, scalable impact, and a resilient future.
On February 25, 2021, six (6) of the nation’s leading nonprofit community development organizations came together to share their visions and actions for mutual support, scalable impact, and a resilient future for organizations, families being served, and communities we are all striving to assist achieving racial equity and socioeconomic justice. This ‘CEO Circle of Color’ discussed the importance of recruiting and ascending people of color into decision-making leaders and sharing individual and collective aspirations for 2021 and beyond.
- Calvin Gladney, President and CEO of Smart Growth America
- Maurice Jones, immediate-past CEO of LISC
- Tony Pickett, CEO of the Grounded Solutions Network
- Lisa Rice, President and CEO of the National Fair Housing Alliance
- Marietta Rodriguez, President and CEO of NeighborWorks America
- Dr. Akilah Watkins, President and CEO of the Center for Community Progress
Moderators of the esteemed panel included supporters of the CEO Circle from the philanthropic sector, including:
- Hala Farid, SVP, US Business Partnerships & Inclusive Finance, Community Investing and Development
- Jerry Maldonado, Director, Cities and States with the Ford Foundation
- Brandee McHale, Head of Citi Community Investing and Development, President of the Citi Foundation
- Scot Spencer, Associate Director, Local Policy with the Annie E. Casey Foundation
Several hundred guests from around the country joined this exciting, timely, and necessary conversation to learn more about how leaders are finding ways to collaborate instead of competing, take up the charge of serving as a leader of color during this national moment of racial consciousness, and identifying strategies for future impact.
View the recording at the link on the left.