Technical Solutions Fund
Grounded Solutions Network created the Technical Solutions Fund to help our members solve problems and enhance program sustainability.
Award types include technical assistance services, peer exchange stipends, and advocacy grants. Through the Technical Solutions Fund, we support members in three main areas:
- Sustainability and Growth
- Program Design and Improvement
- Advocacy and Event Sponsorships
All Grounded Solutions Network members are eligible to apply. Please note that Technical Solutions Fund awards must be made to organizations (and not to individuals).
Resident Ambassador Program
Grounded Solutions Network is accepting applications to the Resident Ambassador Program for residents and leaseholders of our member organizations.
Through the Resident Ambassador Program, we amplify the voices of our members and their residents in order to move policies on a national level. Ambassadors participate in skill development webinars and other activities that develop strong leaders and advocates.
Each quarter, resident ambassadors meet virtually to further advance an agenda formed by and for the ambassadors.
- Training on effective advocacy, messaging, and storytelling
- Networking with other residents/leaseholder leaders from across the country
- Possible scholarships and travel expenses to our annual conference
- Collaborate with our staff to share stories and experiences from their community
- Participate in quarterly virtual ambassador meetings, including an hour of preparation and/or follow-up
- Participate in our national conference
Grounded Solutions Network members may nominate any residents or leaseholders for this program.
Citi/Grounded Solutions Network Community Land Trust Accelerator
The Citi/Grounded Solutions Network Community Land Trust Accelerator initiative addresses the affordable housing challenges facing urban, rural, and suburban communities nationwide by propelling the growth of community land trusts and other shared-equity programs.
With a $1 million investment from Citi Community Development, Grounded Solutions Network is driving a major new effort to grow the sector and increase access to permanently affordable homeownership for low-income, first-time homebuyers.
As part of the initiative, we are administering a $500,000 CLT Accelerator Fund to invest in capital funds in residential projects for low-income families. In September 2018, we announced CLT Accelerator Fund awards to three Grounded Solutions Network members who will break ground on 83 units with lasting affordability before July 12, 2019. The awardees are:
- Homes 4 Families for a 56-unit project in Palmdale, CA - $250,000
- Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley for a 19-unit project in Fremont, CA - $150,000
- Community Land Trust of Palm Beach County for an 8-unit project in Palm Springs, FL - $100,000
In addition to these funds, awardees are also receiving up to $10,000 in technical assistance from Grounded Solutions Network.
Start-up CLT Exploration Program
In 2017, Grounded Solutions Network offered a Start-up CLT Exploration Program targeted at community groups or new community land trust (CLT) organizations looking to learn more about the CLT model.
The program included:
- Interactive sessions with Grounded Solutions Network staff and current CLT practitioners to problem solve issues or concerns
- A series of webinars about community land trust development and management
- Technical assistance (by phone and email) from Grounded Solutions Network staff